Sunday, May 29, 2011

DISCLAIMER

My name is Melissa and I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis in November 2009 when I was 21 years old. My main symptoms were severe, chronic pelvic pain, urgency, frequency, and painful sex. I had a very limited diet because many foods/drinks caused even more pain. Stress & PMS were also triggers. I developed GERD (acid reflux), lactose intolerance, severe allergies, digestive issues, and eosinophilic esophagitis as well. I now believe I had many different issues going on, including IC, leaky gut syndrome, candida overgrowth, and acidosis. My body was falling apart. I exhausted all of my doctor's medicine & treatment options and still found no relief. After suffering in constant, extreme pain for one year, I finally found relief through natural methods.

The purpose of this blog is to share my journey of healing with others. While I hope that you will gain knowledge and be open to try some of the methods I have tried, please keep in mind that every IC patient is different. What works for me may not work for you. Some things might, some things might not. IC is such a misunderstood disease, it may be a lot of different diseases just grouped under one name. I am not a medical professional and you should not treat me as one! But I do speak from experience, which as we know in the IC world, is one of the main things we rely on. I encourage you to do research for yourself, listen to your body, and do what you believe is best for you. Take my advice, but also take advice from others, seek knowledge and information from multiple sources, and whatever you do, never give up. There is an answer out there for you somewhere and you will never find it if you aren't looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment