Thursday, January 12, 2012

Raw Cacao Banana Ice Cream


OMG you guys... this is the easiest, simplest healthy dessert! I simply love it. I wish I could take the credit for this one, but the idea comes from my good friend, Shana.

Simply mix frozen bananas, raw cacao, and a small touch of water (just enough to get it to blend...you may not need any) in a food processor or blender!

Another delish variation: cinnamon & dates instead of cacao.

You may add sweetener like agave nectar, honey, or stevia, but it really tastes yummy all on it's own!

1 comment:

  1. hi Melissa, I know this is an old post,but have you found cacao to be okay with your IC? I'm still pretty symptomatic but as I'm sure you know chocolate is not IC friendly. I'm trying to find out if small amounts of CACAO is, so I'd love to hear if your IC has been okay with this wonderful recipe. I'd sub stevia since I also have candidiasis right now, but looks yummy. If poss. could you let us know in the comments how this is with regards to your IC? Thank you so much for your blog, I'm following you forever now!!

    ReplyDelete